25 years supporting volunteering in Europe
The European Volunteer Centre (Centre européen du volontariat, CEV) is the European network of over 70 national, regional and local volunteer centres and volunteer support agencies across Europe. Through our network we work together to promote and support volunteering through advocacy, knowledge sharing and capacity building & training. In this way we reach out to the many thousands of volunteers and volunteer organisations who see volunteer centres as a source of support bringing the European dimension to their work.
CEV channels the collective priorities and concerns of its member organisations to the institutions of the European Union and the Council of Europe. Together with other European networks active in volunteering we exchange policy, practice and information in order to ensure effective and coherent follow up to European Year of Volunteering 2011 and ensure its legacy through the implementation of the Policy Agenda for Volunteering in Europe (PAVE) and the follow-up “Helping Hands – Hope for Europe” report.
CEV’s vision is a Europe in which volunteering is central in building a cohesive and inclusive society based on solidarity and active citizenship. Our mission is to contribute to the creation of an enabling political, social and economic environment in Europe where the full potential of volunteering can be realised.
Together with our members we work to:
• Be the representative voice for volunteering infrastructure in Europe
• Strengthen the infrastructure for volunteering across Europe
• Promote volunteering as an expression of European values.
Our strategic objectives:
•Developing partnerships with EU and other institutions at different levels, civil society organisations as a member of various Alliances, and with other volunteering stakeholders.
• Sharing knowledge through publications, social media, training courses, studies and other initiatives & events.
• Training members and other stakeholders on volunteering related issues, especially in the framework of the spring capacity building conferences.
• Advocating for supportive volunteering policies as a member of EU expert groups, including the European Solidarity Corps, attending and presenting at hearings & consultations, and organising CEV policy conferences.
For more information, please visit www.cev.be